Founder – Linda Prendergast
Linda was the founder of Businessmate in 2004. Businessmate started out as a home-based Accounting Practice. Linda developed Businessmate through many happy client referrals. Due to the growth of Businessmate Linda decided to open an office in Penrith. Linda always spent the time to get to know and really understand her client’s businesses to ensure that she provided the most appropriate advice for her clients. Linda was a CPA Certified Practicing Accountant and Tax Agent. Linda had a passion for accounting and this was clearly evident to all who met her. Linda Prendergast passed away in September 2016 and is sadly missed by her Family, Friends & Clients.
Partner – Ronelle Wilson
Ronelle has been advising a broad range of clients for over 25 years, having started her career in a Big 4 firm before joining CIB in 2003. Ronelle is an expert in all aspects of taxation, business advice and audit with an extensive client base of small and large businesses, family groups, individuals and not-for-profits. Ronelle is a genuine people person; loved by our staff and clients, and is the perfect role model for young women aspiring to be leaders in their field.
Away from the office Ronelle enjoys family time and holidaying on the south coast with her favourite book.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate and individual tax
- Financial reporting
- Due diligence
- Internal and external audit
- University of NSW – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australian and New Zealand
Manager – Abdullah Chowdhury
Abdullah started in the profession in 1997 as a first year cadet accountant straight from high school. During these years he moved forward to experience all levels of accounting and tax affairs. Abdullah joined CIB Accountants in November 2005 and is now a manager who is responsible for managing a broad range of clients ranging from individuals to very large family groups with a special focus on delivering timely outcomes for his clients
Abdullah is married and enjoys spending time with his family. He really loves his cricket.
Areas of Expertise
Abdullah’s experience working for a range of industries includes:
- Accounting and taxation for family groups particularly those with complex structures
- All aspects of taxation advice including GST, income tax and capital gains tax
- Corporate tax
- Setup of new structures.
- Taxation Planning
- Helping businesses improve their profitability and get their accounting records up to date
- Advising on asset protection structures.
- Assisting with setup and use of different accounting software packages including Xero, and MYOB
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Analysis & preparation of cash flow projections
- Helping taxpayers with an Australian Taxation Office audit or review
Abdullah’s qualifications include:
- University of Technology Sydney – Bachelor of Business (with Distinction)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand – member